Osaka Prefecture University

Tutor, Advisor and Information Service


A Japanese graduate student is assigned by the university as a tutor for an international student with academic difficulties for the first six months or one year. Please make a request through your advisor or academic advisor.


Student Advisor

Each student has a professor assigned as his/her advisor for counseling purposes. For a graduate student or a research student, their academic supervisors will be their advisors.

International Student Advisor

International Student Advisors ,who cooperate with Student Advisors, advise to undergraduate international students.

If you run into any trouble or have questions about student life in Japan, please don’t hesitate to contact them.

Student Counseling Office

Consultations in English are offered at Student Counseling Office on Nakamozu Campus on Tuesdays and Fridays. Get some help with any personal issues affecting your work, self-esteem, relationships and so on.

Information service for foreign residents

Helpful information and advice for foreign residents are available at the organization below in nine languages: Japanese, English, Chinese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, Vietnamese, Filipino and Thai. You can visit, phone, fax or email them.

Osaka Foundation of International Exchange

Hours Osaka Foundation of International Exchange
Address 5th floor, MyDome Osaka, 2-5 Hommachi-bashi,
Chuo-ku, Osaka city 540-0029
Tel 06-6941-2297
Fax 06-6966-2401(Japanese & English only)
Email jouhou-c[at]
Please change [at] to @.
(Japanese & English only)