Osaka Prefecture University Is Member to The United Nations Academic Impact
LastUpDate： October 19, 2018
On October, 2018, Osaka Prefecture University is gained admission to member of Academic Impact from the United Nations.
Osaka Prefecture University is always energizing to all Academic Impact’s principles through education, research and contributing to society. Especially we were focusing on principle No.6 and No.9. Addition to these, we focus on principle No.5 and No.10 from this time.
We are driving for more contributing to sustainable society (action for SDGs: Sustainable Development Goals) and globalization through the action.
The United Nations Academic Impact is informed by a commitment to support and advance ten basic principles:
- A commitment to the principles inherent in the United Nations Charter as values that education seeks to promote and help fulfil;
- A commitment to human rights, among them freedom of inquiry, opinion, and speech;
- A commitment to educational opportunity for all people regardless of gender, race, religion or ethnicity;
- A commitment to the opportunity for every interested individual to acquire the skills and knowledge necessary for the pursuit of higher education;
- A commitment to building capacity in higher education systems across the world;
- A commitment to encouraging global citizenship through education;
- A commitment to advancing peace and conflict resolution through education;
- A commitment to addressing issues of poverty through education;
- A commitment to promoting sustainability through education;
- A commitment to promoting inter-cultural dialogue and understanding, and the “unlearning” of intolerance, through education.
Strategic Planning and Policy Division, General Affairs DepartmentTel +81-72-254-8419