International House Application Guidelines for Residence 2016-2017(International Students)
LastUpDate： June 21, 2016
Osaka Prefecture University (OPU) International house has started its operation at the western part of Nakamozu Campus in Spring, 2015. A Japanese student and International students live together in a self-contained unit like a shared house while having their own private rooms.
Applications for housing are invited from international students scheduled to enroll at OPU in the Second Semester of Academic Year 2016-2017 and international students currently enrolled at OPU. Details are indicated below:
Those who fall under any of the following categories shall qualify.
- An international students currently enrolled at OPU (whose status of residence is “Student” (Ryugaku)) and planning to continue his/her studies in Academic Year 2016-2017.
- An international student who wish to enroll at OPU in the Second Semester of Academic Year 2016-2017 (starting September 26, 2016) and who have obtained or expect to obtain “Student” (Ryugaku) resident status in Japan
2. Number of Vacancies
Male : 10, Female : 2
- Each self-contained unit consists of four same-gender single rooms, with a kitchen, dining room, shower room, and toilet shared among the four residents.
- Each single room is furnished with a bed, desk and other necessary furniture.
3. Date of Move-in, Move-out
|Your term of residence||Date of Move-in||Date of Move-out|
|Enrolled Students||August 1, 2016-||March 25, 2017 or September 15, 2017|
|New Students and Enrolled Students||September 20, 2016|
*Please be careful with the dates indicated below as “Date of Move-out”. For the enrolled students, the move-in date will be negotiable.
4. Rent and Other Charges (Monthly)
(including utility costs)
- In addition to the above fees, residents must pay a deposit of 37,800yen (equivalent to one month’s rent and charge) when moving in.
- The deposit paid will be used for the rent and common-area charge for the month in which the resident moves out.
5. How to Apply and Application Deadline and Notification of the results
Complete the Application for Admission to OPU Accommodation, and submit it to the Student Affairs Division, together with the following documents;
|International students currently enrolled at OPU||International students scheduled to enroll at OPU|
|(1)Application form||(1)Application form|
|(2)Student ID||(2)A copy of the certificate of admission or the notice of passage for the entrance exam（A copy of the admission ticket for the entrance exam if you have not gotten the result of the entrance exam yet.）|
|(3)A health certificate including chest X-ray result(issued within the last six month from a medical institution etc.)||(3)A health certificate including chest X-ray result(issued within the last six month from a medical institution etc.)|
[First closing date]
- Closing date: Friday, July 15, 2016
- Notification of Result: in the end of July 2016
[Secomd closing date]
- Closing date: Friday, August 26, 2016
- Notification of Result: in the early September 2016
*Applicants submitting their applications for housing before university admission formalities will be contacted after the completion of admission procedures to confirm their intention of residing at the International House.
Student Affairs Group, Student Affairs Division (2nd Floor of Bldg. A3)Tel +81-72-254-6243)