International House Application Guidelines for Residence from March 2016(International Students)
LastUpDate： February 05, 2016
Osaka Prefecture University (OPU) International house has started its operation at the western part of Nakamozu Campus in Spring, 2015. A Japanese student and International students live together in a self-contained unit like a shared house while having their own private rooms.
Applications for housing are invited from international students scheduled to enroll at OPU in the First Semester of Academic Year 2016-2017 and international students currently enrolled at OPU. Details are indicated below:
- International students who are definitely or tentatively scheduled to enroll at OPU in the First Semester of Academic Year 2016-2017(starting April 2016) and who have obtained or expected to obtain “Student” (Ryugaku) resident status in Japan.
*Applicants will be required to present a document certifying their scheduled admission to OPU.
- International students currently enrolled at OPU
2. Number of Vacancies
Male : 7, Female : 5
- Each self-contained unit consists of four same-gender single rooms, with a kitchen, dining room, shower room, and toilet shared among the four residents.
- Each single room is furnished with a bed, desk and other necessary furniture.
For farther information about OPU International house, please see the file “Application Guidelines for Residence” attached at the end of this page.
3. Period of Residence and Date of Move-in, Move-out
Residents are allowed to live at International House for a maximum of one year. The extension of residence shall be acceptable up to another year if rooms are available.The Dates of Move-in, Move-out are indicated below.
*Since it is not the last day of the month, please be careful with the dates indicated below as “Date of Move-out”.
|Your term of residence||Date of Move-in||Date of Move-out|
|The First semester||March 30||September 15|
|The First semester and the Second Semester||March 30||March 25 next year|
4. Rent and Other Charges (Monthly)
(including utility costs)
- In addition to the above fees, residents must pay a deposit of 37,800yen (equivalent to one month’s rent and charge) when moving in.
- The deposit paid will be used for the rent and common-area charge for the month in which the resident moves out.
- Rent and charges should be paid from April; there is no need to pay for March.
5. How to Apply and Application Deadline and Notification of the results
Complete the Application for Admission to OPU Accommodation, and submit it to the Student Affairs Division, together with Student ID and the certificates indicated below no later than the dates also indicated below.
|International students currently enrolled at OPU||International students scheduled to enroll at OPU|
|(1)Application form||(1)Application form|
|(2)Student ID||(2)A copy of the certificate of admission or the notice of passage for the entrance exam(A copy of the admission ticket for the entrance exam if you have not gotten the result of the entrance exam yet.)|
|(3)A health certificate including chest X-ray result(issued within the last six month from a medical institution etc.)||(3)A health certificate including chest X-ray result(issued within the last six month from a medical institution etc.)|
- Closing date: Monday, February 29, 2016
- Notification of Result: in the early March 2016
*Applicants submitting their applications for housing before university admission formalities will be contacted after the completion of admission procedures to confirm their intention of residing at the International House.
Student Affairs Group, Student Affairs Division (2nd Floor of Bldg. A3)Tel +81-72-254-6243