International House Application for Residence(Second Invitation for Applications: International Students)
LastUpDate： February 25, 2015
In the spring of 2015, International House, an accommodation facility for both international students and Japanese students enrolled at Osaka Prefecture University (OPU), will open in the western part of Nakamozu Campus. The newly constructed International House is designed to promote interactions between residents, like those in a shared house, in which residents share a self-contained unit while having their own private rooms.
Applications for housing are invited from international students scheduled to enroll at OPU in the First Semester of Academic Year 2015-2016. Details are indicated below:
International students who are definitively or tentatively scheduled to enroll at OPU in the First Semester of Academic Year 2015-2016 (staring April 2015) and who have obtained or expect to obtain “Student” (Ryugaku) resident status in Japan
- Applicants will be required to present a document certifying their scheduled admission to OPU.
2. Number of Vacancies
Small number of private rooms are available.
- Each single room is furnished with a bed, desk and other necessary furniture.
- Each self-contained unit consists of four same-gender single rooms, with a kitchen, dining room, shower room, and toilet shared among the four residents.
- Please refer to the attached Application Guidelines for detailed information on International House.
3. Period of Residence
Residents are allowed to live at International House for a maximum of one year.
- Those scheduled to be enrolled in the First Semester of Academic Year 2015-2016: March 30 to September 15, 2015
- Those scheduled to be enrolled in the First and Second Semesters of Academic Year 2015-2016: March 30, 2015 to March 25, 2016
4. Rent and Other Charges (Monthly)
(including utility costs)
- In addition to the above fees, residents must pay a deposit of 37,800yen (equivalent to one month’s rent and charge) when moving in.
- The deposit paid will be used for the rent and common-area charge for the month in which the resident moves out.
- Rent and charges should be paid from April; there is no need to pay for March.
5. How to Apply and Application Deadline
Complete the Application for Admission to OPU Accommodation, and submit it to the International Office, together with your certificate of admission to OPU or a copy of the notice of passage of the entrance examination, and a health certificate (issued within the last six months from a medical institution etc.) no later than the dates indicated below.
|First closing date||Thursday, February 26, 2015 (Notification of results will be in early March 2015.)|
|Second closing date||Monday, March 16, 2015 (Notification of results will be around March 20, 2015.)|
- Applicants submitting their applications for housing before university admission formalities will be contacted after the completion of admission procedures to confirm their intention of residing at the International House.
International Student Support Group, International OfficeTel +81-72-254-8142