International House Application for Residence(First Invitation for Applications: International Students)
LastUpDate： November 28, 2014
In the spring of 2015, International House, an accommodation facility for both international students and Japanese students enrolled at Osaka Prefecture University (OPU), will open in the western part of Nakamozu Campus. The newly constructed International House is designed to promote interactions between residents, like those in a shared house, in which residents share a self-contained unit while having their own private rooms.
Applications are invited from international students for residence from March 2015. Details are as follows:
Those who fall under any of the following categories shall qualify.
- An international student currently enrolled at OPU (whose status of residence is “Student” (Ryugaku)) and planning to continue his/her studies in Academic Year 2015-2016
- An international student who has been admitted to OPU for the First Semester of Academic Year 2015-2016 (April-September)
2. Number of Vacancies
- Each single room is furnished with a bed, desk and other necessary furniture.
- Each self-contained unit consists of four single rooms, with a kitchen, dining room, shower room, and toilet shared among the four residents.
- Please refer to the attached Application Guidelines for detailed information on International House.
3. Period of Residence
Residents are allowed to live at International House for a maximum of one year.
- Those scheduled to be enrolled in the First Semester of Academic Year 2015-2016: March 30 to September 15, 2015
- Those scheduled to be enrolled in the First and Second Semesters of Academic Year 2015-2016: March 30, 2015 to March 25, 2016
4. Rent and Other Charges (Monthly)
(including utility costs)
- In addition to the above fees, residents must pay a deposit of 37,800yen (equivalent to one month’s rent and charge) when moving in.
- The deposit paid will be used for the rent and common-area charge for the month in which the resident moves out.
- Rent and charges should be paid from April; there is no need to pay for March.
5. How to Apply and Application Deadline
Complete the Application for Admission to OPU Accommodation, and submit it to the International Office, together with a health certificate (issued within the last six months from a medical institution etc.) .
Deadline: Monday, December 15, 2014
6. Notification of Result
Applicants will be notified of results in late December 2014.
International Student Support Group, International OfficeTel +81-72-254-8142